Monday, January 13, 2014

Raw Artistry- getting it right in the camera so you have very little editing

www.jasonlanierworkshops.com

One question I get a lot is how much of my work is editing compared to shooting so I thought I'd share a shot that I'll be entering into the Raw Artistry category of the WPPI Competition this year.

This image was taken at my wedding for Sam and Alvina at the Anoush Banquet Hall in Glendale, California.  I screen captured this in Lightroom so you can see that it is zeroed out, and that the sliders aren't manipulated in any way.

I'm not posting this to brag but rather to encourage that photographers strive to get it right in the camera rather than depending on post editing.  I've always said that a photographer can not make a medicore shot great, he/she can only make a great or good shot a little better.

The fundamentals of lighting will never change.  If you get your lighting correct in the camera you'd be amazed at how easy, and how little editing you actually need to do...

If you'd like to learn more on lighting, please visit us at www.jasonlanierworkshops.com